Family Building Grant
Due to COVID-19, as of March 30, 2020, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) has recommended avoiding new infertility treatments unless it is an emergency and delaying embryo transfers when possible. Out of respect for these guidelines, we will be delaying the April 2020 Family Building Grant. Please check back on June 15, 2020 for an update.
Family Building Grant
- Reside in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri or Wisconsin.
- Have a diagnosis of infertility certified by a medical provider, with the exception of the following:
- Applicants who are single, or part of a same sex couple, are eligible to submit applications for a Life Grant
- Applicants who are applying for a grant for egg freezing for medical indications (cancer, endometriosis, other medical conditions that threaten fertility)
- Have an annual household income of less than $200,000.
- For requests for infertility treatment, you MUST have completed all required medical testing within the specified time frames. Applicants who do have this information within required time frames will not be considered.
- If you are applying for a grant to do IUI, IVF or Gestational Carrier with your own eggs, or for Egg Freezing for Medical Indications, you MUST meet ALL of the following criteria:
1) be 41 years or younger by January 1, 2022
2) have a body mass index (BMI) < 40
3) have a FSH level of < 15
4) have an AMH level of > 0.5
- If you are applying for a grant for IUI, IVF or FET (utilizing your own eggs or donor eggs), you must have a body mass index less than 40.
- You can only apply for ONE grant - either a financial assistance grant, IVF cycle grant, JUF grant or Deborah Frank Memorial Grant.
- Applicants who do not meet financial, age or medical criteria will not have their applications reviewed.
Financial Assistance Grant Details
Grants up to 10K will be awarded to individuals who need financial assistance to aid with services such as third party reproduction, adoption or medication costs associated with IVF. This is best for those that are planning to adopt or for those that have insurance coverage for IVF but need additional financial help. Please note that financial grants can only be used with medical providers or other service providers who are located in the state of Illinois.
Financial Assistance Grants may not be used to reimburse any patient, clinic, or other provider, entity or individual for services that have already been performed, or loans that have that already been secured. All grants are to be used solely towards future costs/services. Disbursements will be made directly to the vendor or service provider not the patient. Grant funds must be utilized within 12 months from award date. Please note: Past procedures and reimbursement for prior expenses are not eligible for Family Building Grants.
IVF Cycle Grant Details
This is a donated IVF cycle from one of our Partner Practices. We have partnered with >75% of all IVF centers in the Chicagoland Area. This grant is best for those that need to pursue IVF and do not have any insurance coverage for IVF. Due to limited availability of grants, applicants may be awarded an IVF grant at a different center from you are currently in treatment. We do our best to place patients at a practice with geographic proximity but are not always able to do so.
- embryo cryopreservation (embryo freezing)
- embryo donation
- pre-implantation genetic screening/diagnosis (PGS/PGD)
- egg freezing due to cancer, medical diseases that impair infertility
- vasectomy reversal
- adoption fees from any licensed adoption agency
- attorney fees for adoption or third party reproductive cases
- all treatments must be initiated within 6 months of receiving the grant and must be completed at an IL center
Oncofertility Grant Details
The oncofertility grant is for patients with a new diagnosis of cancer who need to undergo emergency IVF or egg freezing to preserve fertility prior to cancer treatment. A law went into effect January 2019 requiring IL insurances to cover gamete preservation for cancer patients. However, many will remain under and uninsured despite this law. Patients in need of assistance should contact us at email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed expeditiously and decisions made quickly. We understand the time sensitive nature of this process and will do everything to help.