Family Building Grants
April 19, 2021 to Midnight June 1, 2021
Financial Assistance Grants
Grants up to $10,000 will be awarded to individuals who need financial assistance to aid with services such as third party reproduction, adoption or medication costs associated with IVF. This is best for those that are planning to adopt or for those that have insurance coverage for IVF but need additional financial help. Please note that financial grants can only be used with medical providers or other service providers who are located in the state of Illinois.
IVF Cycle Grants
This is a donated IVF cycle from one of our Partner Practices. We have partnered with over 75% of all IVF centers in the Chicagoland Area. This grant is best for those that need to pursue IVF and do not have any insurance coverage for IVF. Due to limited availability of grants, applicants may be awarded an IVF grant at a different center from you are currently in treatment. We do our best to place patients at a practice with geographic proximity but are not always able to do so.
Oncofertility Grant Details
The oncofertility grant is for patients with a new diagnosis of cancer who need to undergo emergency IVF or egg freezing to preserve fertility prior to cancer treatment. A law went into effect January 2019 requiring IL insurances to cover gamete preservation for cancer patients, however, many will remain under and uninsured despite this law. All applications will be reviewed expeditiously and decisions made quickly as we understand the time sensitive nature of this process and will do everything to help. Patients in need of assistance should contact us at email@example.com.
- Reside in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri or Wisconsin.
- Have a diagnosis of infertility certified by a medical provider, with the exception of the following:
- Applicants who are single, or part of a same sex couple, are eligible to submit applications for a Life Grant
- Applicants who are applying for a grant for egg freezing for medical indications (cancer, endometriosis, other medical conditions that threaten fertility)
- Have an annual household income of less than $200,000.
- For requests for infertility treatment, you MUST have completed all required medical testing within the specified time frames. Applicants who do have this information within required time frames will not be considered.
- If you are applying for a grant to do IUI, IVF or Gestational Carrier with your own eggs, or for Egg Freezing for Medical Indications, you MUST meet ALL of the following criteria:
1) be 41 years or younger by January 1, 2022
2) have a body mass index (BMI) < 40
3) have a FSH level of < 15
4) have an AMH level of > 0.5
- If you are applying for a grant for IUI, IVF or FET (utilizing your own eggs or donor eggs), you must have a body mass index less than 40.
- You can only apply for ONE grant - either a financial assistance grant, IVF cycle grant, JUF grant or Deborah Frank Memorial Grant.
- Applicants who do not meet financial, age or medical criteria will not have their applications reviewed.
- embryo cryopreservation (embryo freezing)
- embryo donation
- pre-implantation genetic screening/diagnosis (PGS/PGD)
- egg freezing due to cancer, medical diseases that impair infertility
- vasectomy reversal
- adoption fees from any licensed adoption agency
- attorney fees for adoption or third party reproductive cases
- all treatments must be initiated within 6 months of receiving the grant and must be completed at an IL center
Note: These Grants must be utilized within twelve months of being awarded and will be made directly to the service provider, not the patient, for future costs/services, (previous procedures and expenses are not eligible for grants). Recipients agree to participate in promotional activities related to this grant administered by the Coalition for Family Building.