Dr. Michael Hickey Memorial Grant
Due to COVID-19, as of March 30, 2020, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) has recommended avoiding new infertility treatments unless it is an emergency and delaying embryo transfers when possible. Out of respect for these guidelines, we will be delaying the April 2020 Family Building Grant. Please check back on June 15, 2020 for an update.
This year, the Coalition for Family Building will select one patient to be the recipient of the Dr. Michael J. Hickey Memorial Grant. This grant was made possible by the generous donations in honor of Dr. Hickey's life and legacy. To apply for this grant please complete the Family Building Grant application and select "financial grant."
April 19, 2021
June 1, 2021
About the Dr. Michael Hickey Memorial Grant
In his 29 years as a reproductive endocrinologist, Dr. Michael J. Hickey helped bring more than 5,000 babies to couples who so desperately wanted to start and grow their families.“All pregnancies are a miracle and the result of something magical,” Dr. Hickey often said. He made magic every day for nearly 3 decades and had hoped to continue practicing infertility medicine for many years to come. He passed away unexpectedly in April 2020. Dr. Hickey never wanted finances to be an obstacle for families who wanted to start a family. He would have been so happy to know this his mission would continue with this family building grant.
- Reside in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri or Wisconsin.
- Have a diagnosis of infertility certified by a medical provider, with the exception of the following:
- Applicants who are single, or part of a same sex couple, are eligible to submit applications for a Life Grant
- Applicants who are applying for a grant for egg freezing for medical indications (cancer, endometriosis, other medical conditions that threaten fertility)
- Have an annual household income of less than $200,000.
- For requests for infertility treatment, you MUST have completed all required medical testing within the specified time frames. Applicants who do have this information within required time frames will not be considered.
- If you are applying for a grant to do IUI, IVF or Gestational Carrier with your own eggs, or for Egg Freezing for Medical Indications, you MUST meet ALL of the following criteria:
1) be 41 years or younger by January 1, 2022
2) have a body mass index (BMI) < 40
3) have a FSH level of < 15
4) have an AMH level of > 0.5
- If you are applying for a grant for IUI, IVF or FET (utilizing your own eggs or donor eggs), you must have a body mass index less than 40.
- Applicants who do not meet this criteria will not have their applications reviewed.